- Tonight , Light Rain Shower , Low 14°C 57°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , , Light Cloud , High 15°C 59°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 13°C 55°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h North North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny , High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 16°C 61°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
Low 14°C 57°F
Light Rain Shower
North West England
Staying cloudy and damp through the evening, before a band of rain moves south-eastwards later in the night, and then clearer spells develop from the north-west. Turning windier too.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office