- Today , Heavy Rain , High 16°C 61°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South Easterly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h West North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
High 16°C 61°F Low 11°C 52°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
A mainly dry, bright start. Soon becoming cloudy with rain reaching Lochaber and Outer Hebrides, extending to all parts but midday. Rain will be heavy, persistent over west Highlands this afternoon. Lighter winds at first but southwesterly gales developing later.
Very windy with clear periods and blustery showers. Showers becoming frequent and heavy overnight. Southwesterly gales increasing to severe gale force later tonight, especially over Western Isles and north Highlands.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office