- Today , , Light Rain , High 14°C 57°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h North Westerly
- Thu , Sunny , High 14°C 57°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h Westerly
- Fri , Sunny , High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h Southerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Easterly
- Sun , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h East North Easterly
- Wed 14 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Easterly
- Thu 15 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Easterly
- Fri 16 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
High 14°C 57°F Low 8°C 46°F
North East England
A cloudy day across the region with showers or longer spells of rain. The rain will be heavy in places with the odd rumble of thunder possible, and it will feel chilly in coastal areas.
Rain clearing slowly from the west during the evening with all parts becoming dry overnight. Some good clear spells developing, leading to a touch of ground frost by morning.
Met Office warnings issued for North Tyneside
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 6 October at 10:38
- 0000 on Wed 7 October
- 1600 on Wed 7 October
Further slow-moving bands of heavy rain are likely to continue into Wednesday; again it will be a minority of places which see the larger totals, but where it occurs, there is the risk of localised minor flooding.
The public should be aware of the risk of minor disruption to travel due to localised surface water flooding.
Issued by the Met Office