- Today , , Thick Cloud , High 11°C 52°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 35 mph 56 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 9°C 48°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 40 mph 64 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 8°C 46°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h Westerly
- Sat 13 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
High 11°C 52°F Low 6°C 43°F
South West England
A very unsettled day with frequent outbreaks of persistent, occasionally heavy rain which may cause some flooding. Strong winds are also expected, with gales or severe gales, particularly over high ground and on southern coasts.
Rain will gradually clear away to the east, and there will be occasional clear spells, although some light showers will continue. Gales easing, but winds still remaining fairly strong.
Met Office warnings issued for Dorset
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 5 February at 10:41
- 0600 on Sat 6 February
- 2200 on Sat 6 February
A spell of persistent rain, heavy at times, accompanied by windy conditions, is expected to affect parts of southern and southwestern England and parts of south Wales from the early hours of Saturday onwards into Saturday late afternoon or evening.
20-30 mm of rain is expected quite widely across the warning area with 50-70 mm on south-facing slopes. Higher ground in southern parts of Devon and Somerset are likely to see the highest totals with locally in excess of 80 mm possible over parts of Dartmoor. In addition, southerly gales or severe gales are expected with gusts of 40-50 mph inland and locally 65 mph over higher ground and south-facing coasts.As this rain will be falling on near-saturated ground, please be aware of the risk of localised flooding and perhaps some disruption to travel.
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 5 February at 11:28
- 0600 on Mon 8 February
- 1500 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds is likely across parts of southwest and south England, in particular the coasts of Cornwall, on Monday morning before winds gradually ease during the afternoon.
Gusts of 60-70 mph are possible in exposed coastal districts. Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office