- Today , , Light Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 4 mph 6 km/h North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Rain , High 14°C 57°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Rain , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h Southerly
- Wed , Light Rain , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Sat 8 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
High 11°C 52°F Low 7°C 45°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
Very windy start today. Gale to severe gale force southwest winds veering northwesterly later this morning then easing a little. Frequent showers, some heavy this morning becoming fewer this afternoon with more in the way of sunshine. Feeling cooler.
Showers will continue off and on through the night over Western Isles and western fringes of the mainland. A drier night further east with clear periods. Lighter westerly winds.
Met Office warnings issued for Eilean Siar
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office