- Today , , Light Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 8°C 46°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h North North Easterly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
High 11°C 52°F Low 4°C 39°F
North West England
It will be a cloudy morning with outbreaks of rain, some heavy. The rain will turn showery later, with brighter spells developing. Wintry showers will affect the hills. It will be windy with inland gales, severe near coasts and hills.
It will become dry with clear spells and a patchy frost this evening. However, cloud will thicken from the southwest overnight bringing further rain and hill snow later. Winds easing.
Met Office warnings issued for Greater Manchester
Yellow warning of windUpdated 29 November at 10:04
- 1010 on Sun 29 November
- 1800 on Sun 29 November
Sunday will see very windy weather sweep across Northern Ireland, Wales, England and parts of southern Scotland, with severe gales expected to affect some areas. Inland gusts of 50 to 60 mph will occur in some areas, but possibly reaching around 65 mph for parts of inland Northern England and the far south of Scotland, where isolated medium impacts are possible. Gusts around western coasts could locally exceed 75 mph, this most likely in coastal areas of north Wales, northwest England and Dumfries and Galloway. There is a lower probability of similar gusts briefly affecting coastal northeast England as the low clears away east, early this afternoon.
This is an update to the warning originally issued on Friday, mentioning increased gust strengths and expected impacts across parts of Northern England and the far south of Scotland.Please be aware of the potential for disruption due to the gales and severe gales, particularly for the areas highlighted int eh words above.
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 29 November at 11:34
- 0900 on Mon 30 November
- 2345 on Tue 1 December
Rain is expected to move across northern England from early on Monday, with the largest rainfall totals over high ground. This should clear southwards later on Monday before returning from the south on Tuesday. With this rainfall following the wet November, the ground is saturated and rivers are expected to rise in response.
This is an update to remove Cumbria from the warning area, because it is now expected to receive lesser amounts of rain, and as a result, lower impacts.Please be aware of the potential for localised disruption from flooding, even away from the heaviest rainfall as the water moves through the river network.
Yellow warning of windUpdated 29 November at 10:58
- 0900 on Mon 30 November
- 1800 on Mon 30 November
Southwesterly winds will increase later on Monday morning, with gales extending eastwards across Wales along with much of southern and central England, and severe gales likely on exposed western and southern coasts. Gusts of 50 mph are likely inland whilst gusts of 60 mph will affect some exposed coasts in the west and south. Winds will will gradually ease from the west on Monday afternoon.
Please be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office