- Tonight , Light Rain , Low 14°C 57°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h North Easterly
- Mon , , Light Rain , High 16°C 61°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Northerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 18°C 64°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h North Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 17°C 63°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 15°C 59°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h North Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 16°C 61°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h North North Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h North North Westerly
- Sun 6 Sep , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h North North Westerly
- Mon 7 Sep , Light Cloud , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Northerly
- Tue 8 Sep , Light Cloud , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h North North Easterly
Low 14°C 57°F
East of England
Mainly dry through the evening, but cloud thickening with an increasing risk of heavy, thundery downpours across all areas overnight, as well as mist and fog patches.
Met Office warnings issued for Essex
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 30 August at 11:29
- 0100 on Mon 31 August
- 1700 on Mon 31 August
Further areas of heavy rain or thundery showers are likely to affect parts of southeastern England and East Anglia at times on Bank Holiday Monday. The main risk periods would seem to be before dawn and again during the middle of the day and into the afternoon. The evening should see a slow transition to drier conditions from the west.
This update slightly reduces the northwestern extent of the area at risk from thundery downpours, and brings forward the end time of the warning. Given continuing complexities, a further update to the Warning is likely to be issued early on Monday.The public should be aware of the risk of further localised flooding and impacts on holiday activities.
Issued by the Met Office