- Today , , Sleet , High 5°C 41°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Sleet Shower , High 4°C 39°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain , High 6°C 43°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South South Easterly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Sunny , High 5°C 41°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
High 5°C 41°F Low 1°C 34°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
Cloudy with rain reaching the west coast turning to snow as it spreads northeast in the morning, with moderate falls possible, mainly southeast of Great Glen. Clearer, wintry showers, later. Winds easing for a time but westerly gales again later.
Frequent blustery wintry showers this evening and tonight with fresh accumulations mainly higher ground inland but locally to low levels in east. Westerly gales, severe for a time in northwest.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 10:41
- 1045 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain are now beginning to turn to snow in areas north of the Central Belt, the snow becoming heavy in places and locally persisting into Sunday afternoon, more especially in the north. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas.
Following the clearance of the more general wintry precipitation, further clusters of heavy wintry showers will come in from the west, even extending to parts of southern Scotland on Sunday evening and at first on Sunday night, leading to further accumulating snow in places (especially the west Highlands). This will also bring an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel. Note that the southern limit of the more widespread snow during Sunday late morning and early afternoon remains uncertain.
Issued by the Met Office