- Today , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h North Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 11°C 52°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West North Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 10°C 50°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 11°C 52°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Westerly
High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F
Orkney and Shetland
Lighter winds with some sunshine and only a few showers during the morning. Then cloudy with rain reaching Orkney early in the afternoon, extending to Shetland by early evening. Winds strengthening later with southwesterly gales developing this evening.
Persistent rain soon giving way to clear intervals and blustery showers, becoming frequent and heavy overnight. A very windy night, southwesterly gales increasing severe gale force later tonight.
Met Office warnings issued for Shetland Islands
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office