- Today , , Light Rain , High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind speed 3 mph 5 km/h North North Easterly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed , Heavy Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Sunny , High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed 9 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Rather cloudy with showery outbreaks of rain, perhaps some snow over the higher ground. However, it will gradually turn drier and brighter from the west during the afternoon.
Clear spells and a widespread frost at first. Outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow pushing in from the southwest overnight. Snow mainly higher ground and soon turning to rain.
Met Office warnings issued for Dumfries and Galloway
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 10:41
- 1045 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain are now beginning to turn to snow in areas north of the Central Belt, the snow becoming heavy in places and locally persisting into Sunday afternoon, more especially in the north. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas.
Following the clearance of the more general wintry precipitation, further clusters of heavy wintry showers will come in from the west, even extending to parts of southern Scotland on Sunday evening and at first on Sunday night, leading to further accumulating snow in places (especially the west Highlands). This will also bring an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel. Note that the southern limit of the more widespread snow during Sunday late morning and early afternoon remains uncertain.
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 11:53
- 0700 on Mon 30 November
- 1400 on Mon 30 November
A band of rain will move east across Northern Ireland, southern Scotland and northern England on Monday morning and afternoon. Across northern parts of Northern Ireland and southern Scotland the rain is expected to turn to wet snow with 2 to 5 cm possible above about 150 m, and some slushy accumulations possible at lower levels. 10 cm may possibly occur above 300 m. Across northern England the snow is expected to be restricted to hills above about 400 m. Drier conditions will spread east through the late morning and early afternoon.
Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel.
Issued by the Met Office