- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h West North Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Easterly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 10°C 50°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 28 mph 45 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 26 mph 42 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h Southerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed 9 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F
Rather cloudy during the morning with some showery outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow. The snow mainly affecting the higher parts of south Lanarkshire. Brighter through Argyll and over the Islands, these brighter conditions developing elsewhere in the afternoon.
Clear spells and a widespread frost at first. Outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow pushing in from the southwest overnight. Snow mainly higher ground and soon turning to rain.
Met Office warnings issued for Argyll and Bute
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 10:41
- 1045 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain are now beginning to turn to snow in areas north of the Central Belt, the snow becoming heavy in places and locally persisting into Sunday afternoon, more especially in the north. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas.
Following the clearance of the more general wintry precipitation, further clusters of heavy wintry showers will come in from the west, even extending to parts of southern Scotland on Sunday evening and at first on Sunday night, leading to further accumulating snow in places (especially the west Highlands). This will also bring an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel. Note that the southern limit of the more widespread snow during Sunday late morning and early afternoon remains uncertain.
Issued by the Met Office