- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h North Westerly
- Mon , , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South South Easterly
- Wed , Heavy Rain Shower , High 11°C 52°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 30 mph 48 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 29 mph 47 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Heavy Rain , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 31 mph 50 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F
More persistent rain spreading from southwest, preceded by snow on high ground in south but probably remaining as snow over northern Argyll, moderate falls possible. Clearing to wintry showers later. Severe gales likely over Kintyre and Ayrshire.
A mixture of clear intervals and wintry showers these giving accumulations on high ground with strong to gale force westerly winds. Drier by morning, easing winds.
Met Office warnings issued for Argyll and Bute
Yellow warning of iceUpdated 28 November at 17:23
- 2100 on Sat 28 November
- 1000 on Sun 29 November
Frequent wintry showers and falling temperatures, (along with pre-existing wet surfaces in areas which have seen a lot of rainfall on Saturday), are likely to lead to some icy surfaces on Saturday evening and overnight into Sunday morning. Higher level routes may also be affected by accumulations of a few cm of snow.
Please be aware of the need to take extra care when traveling, with the possibility of localised minor travel disruption.
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 November at 11:20
- 0700 on Sun 29 November
- 2000 on Sun 29 November
A blustery weekend is expected across much of the UK but particularly on Sunday across Northern Ireland, Wales, England and parts of southern Scotland, where severe gales are expected to affect some areas. Inland gusts of 50 to 60 mph could occur, perhaps most likely across western areas together with parts of northern England. Gusts around western coasts could locally reach around 70 mph, this most likely in coastal areas of north Wales, northwest England and Dumfries and Galloway.
This is an update to the warning originally issued on Friday to cover the weekend, drawing out the likelihood of stronger gusts on Sunday.Please be aware of the potential for disruption due to the gales and severe gales.
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 28 November at 12:08
- 0700 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain will turn to snow in areas just to the north of the Central Belt during Sunday morning, persisting into the afternoon in places. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas. In other areas a mix of wintry showers persists through the daytime on Sunday, becoming heavier and more widespread, and spreading south during the evening and nighttime period, leading to further accumulating snow in places, as well as an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.
Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel, but also keep up to date with any further updates to this warning - the southern limit of the more widespread snow is particularly uncertain.
Issued by the Met Office