- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Southerly
- Sun , Light Rain Shower , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 13 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
High 10°C 50°F Low 3°C 37°F
A very unsettled day with frequent outbreaks of persistent, occasionally heavy rain, especially in the south and over hills. Strong winds are also expected on western coasts.
Rain will gradually clear away to the east, and there will be occasional clear spells at times. More showers then arrive from the west as the night goes on.
Met Office warnings issued for Powys
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 5 February at 10:41
- 0600 on Sat 6 February
- 2200 on Sat 6 February
A spell of persistent rain, heavy at times, accompanied by windy conditions, is expected to affect parts of southern and southwestern England and parts of south Wales from the early hours of Saturday onwards into Saturday late afternoon or evening.
20-30 mm of rain is expected quite widely across the warning area with 50-70 mm on south-facing slopes. Higher ground in southern parts of Devon and Somerset are likely to see the highest totals with locally in excess of 80 mm possible over parts of Dartmoor. In addition, southerly gales or severe gales are expected with gusts of 40-50 mph inland and locally 65 mph over higher ground and south-facing coasts.As this rain will be falling on near-saturated ground, please be aware of the risk of localised flooding and perhaps some disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office