Newcastle upon Tyne
- Today , , Light Rain Shower , High 23°C 73°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 20°C 68°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 20°C 68°F Low 15°C 59°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain , High 20°C 68°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , High 17°C 63°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Northerly
- Sat 11 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Westerly
- Sun 12 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Westerly
- Mon 13 Jul , Light Rain , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h North North Westerly
High 23°C 73°F Low 13°C 55°F
Light Rain Shower
North East England
Cloudy at first with some thundery showers, but these will clear away during the morning to leave a dry afternoon with some sunny spells developing, and feeling warm. Continuing fine and dry through the evening.
Staying dry throughout the night, with light winds and some long clear spells, particularly in the early hours of Sunday.
Met Office warnings issued for Newcastle upon Tyne
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 3 July at 11:32
- 1900 on Fri 3 July
- 1200 on Sat 4 July
Isolated heavy, and possibly severe, thunderstorms are expected to develop on Friday evening across parts of southern and southwest England. These are likely to become more frequent later and spread northwards across Wales, the Midlands and northern England overnight, and into southern Scotland by the early hours of Saturday. Some torrential downpours are possible leading to localised surface water flooding, with hail, frequent lightning and squally winds also likely hazards.
The public should be aware that there is a chance of some very localised significant disruption.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area across southern Scotland and elevate the position in the risk matrix. This will be kept under review and further updates are possible closer to, and during, the event.
Issued by the Met Office