Newcastle upon Tyne
- Tonight , Clear Sky , Low -2°C 28°F Wind 10 mph 16 km/h West North Westerly
- Mon , , Sunny Intervals , High 2°C 36°F Low -2°C 28°F Wind 10 mph 16 km/h North Westerly
- Tue , , Light Snow Shower , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 11 mph 18 km/h North North Westerly
- Wed , , Light Cloud , High 4°C 39°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 14 mph 23 km/h North North Westerly
- Thu , Sleet , High 4°C 39°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 6 mph 10 km/h North North Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 5°C 41°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 7 mph 11 km/h North Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind 11 mph 18 km/h North Westerly
- Sun 8 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind 15 mph 24 km/h North Westerly
- Mon 9 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind 13 mph 21 km/h North Westerly
- Tue 10 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind 12 mph 19 km/h Westerly
Low -2°C 28°F
Met Office warnings issued for Newcastle upon Tyne
Yellow early warning of iceUpdated 1 February at 10:38
- 1200 on Mon 2 February
- 1000 on Tue 3 February
Showers of sleet and snow will affect the area, bringing local accumulations of a couple of centimetres, mainly on hills, as well as a risk of icy patches. The public should be aware of locally tricky driving conditions.
Yellow early warning of snowUpdated 1 February at 11:12
- 0005 on Wed 4 February
- 2355 on Wed 4 February
Snow showers will continue to affect many eastern and northeastern parts of the UK through Wednesday. The focus of showers is likely to transfer from eastern Scotland to parts of eastern and southeastern England, as well as some central areas of England, through the day. Some heavy snow showers are possible. Local accumulations of 1-3 cm are likely away from immediate coasts, with locally more than this over higher ground such as the North York Moors and Lincolnshire Wolds.
The public should be aware for the potential of disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office