- Today , Sunny Intervals , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 29 mph 47 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Sunny , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Westerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F
East of England
Sunny spells with a few heavy showers spreading from the west. Cloud thickening during the afternoon with outbreaks of rain spreading eastwards during the evening period. Windy and feeling colder.
Cloudy at first with outbreaks of occasionally heavy rain. Clear spells developing by the early hours and becoming mainly dry, but still with the odd shower. Brisk southwest winds continuing.
Met Office warnings issued for Essex
Yellow warning of windUpdated 7 February at 00:06
- 0300 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies.This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office