- Today , , Sunny Intervals , High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny , High 14°C 57°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 15°C 59°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat 8 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F
North West England
A windy and day, particularly through the morning, with winds easing a little during the afternoon. Otherwise, largely dry with sunny spells, but feeling cool, with heavy and thundery showers possible later in the afternoon, mainly in the north.
Isolated showers continuing to break out through the evening and overnight, but otherwise dry with clear spells and winds slowly easing. It will also be noticeably cooler than last night.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office