- Today , , Sunny Intervals , High 22°C 72°F Low 14°C 57°F Wind speed 3 mph 5 km/h Southerly
- Sat , , Light Cloud , High 19°C 66°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Sun , Light Rain Shower , High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 17°C 63°F Low 15°C 59°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain Shower , High 17°C 63°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Fri 10 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 11 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 12 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
High 22°C 72°F Low 14°C 57°F
North West England
A drier day than yesterday with plenty of sunshine, and feeling increasingly warm. Breezier towards the end of the day with cloud building from the southwest.
Heavy, thundery rain will move slowly north during the evening, affecting all areas overnight, with the risk of hail and some locally torrential downpours. Becoming drier in the south later.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow early warning of rainUpdated 2 July at 10:14
- 1900 on Fri 3 July
- 1200 on Sat 4 July
Isolated heavy, and possibly severe, thunderstorms are expected to develop on Friday evening across parts of England and Wales. These are likely to become more frequent later and spread northwards towards southern Scotland. Some torrential downpours are possible leading to localised surface water flooding, with large hail and frequent lightning also possible hazards.
The public should be aware that there is a chance of some very localised significant disruption
Issued by the Met Office