- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind 10 mph 16 kph East South Easterly
- Sun , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 16°C 61°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind 17 mph 27 kph South Westerly
- Mon , Sunny , High 18°C 64°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind 8 mph 13 kph West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain Shower , High 20°C 68°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind 7 mph 11 kph Southerly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , High 20°C 68°F Low 16°C 61°F Wind 8 mph 13 kph South South Westerly
- Thu , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 19°C 66°F Likely low 15°C 59°F Wind 9 mph 14 kph West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 19°C 66°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind 10 mph 16 kph West South Westerly
- Sat 9 Aug , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind 11 mph 18 kph North North Westerly
- Sun 10 Aug , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 14°C 57°F Wind 11 mph 18 kph North Westerly
- Mon 11 Aug , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 19°C 66°F Likely low 14°C 57°F Wind 12 mph 19 kph West South Westerly
High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F
Met Office warning(s) issued for: Cumbria
Yellow warning of rain
Updated 2 August at 04:47 Active
- Valid from:
- 0015 on Sat 02 Aug
- Valid to:
- 2345 on Sat 02 Aug
An area of rain is expected to push north across the UK through Saturday. The rain will be persistent and sometimes heavy, especially across western areas at first, and later over northern areas. There remains some uncertainty in the eastward extent across England and Wales, and then, during the afternoon and evening, how far the rain will push into Scotland and Northern Ireland. The most persistent rain will clear Wales early in the day.
The public are advised to be aware of the risk of disruption to travel and outdoor activities due to localised surface water flooding.
Yellow alert of rain
Updated 1 August at 12:15
- Valid from:
- 0015 on Sun 03 Aug
- Valid to:
- 2300 on Sun 03 Aug
An area of persistent and at times heavy rain will move north across the area. Additionally strong winds will affect many areas for a time, with the risk of gales over some coasts and hills. Conditions should improve quite quickly over northern England, with some improvement expected for parts of southern and perhaps central and eastern Scotland as the persistent rain moves away. However, further scattered thundery downpours may then affect parts of eastern Scotland.
The public should be aware of the risk of localised flooding and of disruption to transport and outdoor activities.
- Yellow: Be aware
- Amber: Be prepared
- Red: Take action
Issued by the Met Office