- Today , Light Cloud , High 18°C 64°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h Northerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 14°C 57°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Rain , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h Southerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
High 18°C 64°F Low 12°C 54°F
Dry start then some rain spreading in during morning, most persistent over north Argyll. Rain becoming heavy here during evening. Brighter interludes this afternoon over Kintyre and Ayrshire coast and turning warmer. Southwesterly winds strengthening later today, gales this evening.
Persistent rain at first over south Ayrshire and south Lanarkshire soon moving away. Then drier, clearer with blustery showers developing. A windy night with southwesterly gales, severe on West Coast.
Met Office warnings issued for North Ayrshire
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office