- Today , Light Cloud , High 16°C 61°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 18°C 64°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , , Light Rain Shower , High 14°C 57°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South South Westerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
High 16°C 61°F Low 13°C 55°F
Central, Tayside and Fife
Dull, misty start with rain for a time in the morning. Dry and bright in the afternoon with sunny spells developing, and turning warmer. Strengthening west to southwesterly winds with gales possible over high ground and the east coast later.
A mainly dry evening and night though a few showers may affect the Trossachs and western Perthshire. Strong winds, local gales this evening, easing overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for Falkirk
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office