- Today , Light Cloud , High 16°C 61°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 18°C 64°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 14°C 57°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h North North Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Rain , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Rain , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
High 16°C 61°F Low 12°C 54°F
Rain for a time in the morning, misty coasts and hills, then mainly dry and bright with some sunny intervals developing. A few showers reaching Argyll later. Strengthening west to southwesterly winds with gales in exposed areas later.
A mainly dry evening and night though a few showers may affect Argyll. Strong winds, local gales this evening, easing overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for Glasgow
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office