- Tonight , , Light Rain Shower , Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 31 mph 50 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 9°C 48°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h Westerly
- Sat 13 Feb , Light Rain , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West North Westerly
Low 4°C 39°F
Light Rain Shower
South West England
This Evening and Tonight
Heavy rain will gradually clear away to the east this evening to leave drier conditions for a time before showers then spread in from the west. Gales soon easing, but winds will still remain fairly strong.
Met Office warnings issued for Devon
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 5 February at 10:41
- 0600 on Sat 6 February
- 2200 on Sat 6 February
A spell of persistent rain, heavy at times, accompanied by windy conditions, is expected to affect parts of southern and southwestern England and parts of south Wales from the early hours of Saturday onwards into Saturday late afternoon or evening.
20-30 mm of rain is expected quite widely across the warning area with 50-70 mm on south-facing slopes. Higher ground in southern parts of Devon and Somerset are likely to see the highest totals with locally in excess of 80 mm possible over parts of Dartmoor. In addition, southerly gales or severe gales are expected with gusts of 40-50 mph inland and locally 65 mph over higher ground and south-facing coasts.As this rain will be falling on near-saturated ground, please be aware of the risk of localised flooding and perhaps some disruption to travel.
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 6 February at 09:42
- 0300 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds is likely across parts of southwest and southern England, in particular the coasts of Cornwall, as well as south Wales on Monday morning before winds gradually ease during the afternoon and evening.
Gusts of 60-70 mph are possible, particularly in association with heavy showers running across the area, with 80 mph gusts possible in exposed coastal districts. Some very large waves are also likely along the north coast of Cornwall in particular.Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as localised damage to structures and interruption of power supplies.
This is an update to the alert issued on Friday to broaden the area affected by the strong winds into south Wales, the Bristol Channel and further along the south coast. This also moves into the medium impact column.
Issued by the Met Office