- Today , , Light Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Northerly
- Sat , Sunny , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , Sunny Intervals , High 11°C 52°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Fri 6 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
- Sat 7 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Easterly
- Sun 8 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
High 8°C 46°F Low 2°C 36°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Cloud and rain lingering across east, particularly over the Borders, with snow to quite low levels mainly through the morning. Some brighter spells appearing over western parts such as Dumfries and Galloway where scattered showers turn locally heavy during afternoon.
Occasional showers early evening largely dying out overnight. Clear spells bringing a frost to some by dawn. Winds occasional fresh over the coasts during the evening, easing light overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for Edinburgh
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 April at 03:56
- 0400 on Fri 29 April
- 1200 on Fri 29 April
This is a further update to extend the area of concern into both southeastern Aberdeenshire and parts of Northumberland.
A spell of persistent and at times heavy snow currently affecting the area contained by the warning will last into Friday. By Friday morning, accumulations of 5-10 cm are likely above about 100 m with 15 cm or more possible above 200 m. Northern and southern fringes of the warning area are not likely to see accumulations as high as this.At lower levels and near coasts an uncertain mix of rain and snow is expected, with rain likely to predominate, bringing the risk of standing water on roads.
Please be aware of the risk of dangerous driving conditions and disruption to transport.
Issued by the Met Office