- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 31 mph 50 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h Southerly
- Tue , , Heavy Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Sat 5 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West South Westerly
High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F
North West England
Unsettled, with blustery showers or longer spells of rain for many. The rain will be heavy at times, particularly over the Pennines. Windy, with gales for many places, particularly in any exposed parts, such as coasts and hills.
Further showers or longer spells of rain for many tonight, heavy at times, particularly over the hills. Windy, with gales around coasts and hills.
Met Office warnings issued for Lancashire
Yellow warning of windUpdated 27 November at 10:54
- 0900 on Sat 28 November
- 1800 on Sun 29 November
A blustery weekend is expected across England and Wales with winds strengthening from the west on Saturday morning. Gusts around coastlines exposed to the westerly or southwesterly winds could reach 60 mph at times. Inland gusts will be less frequent but could still reach 50 to 55 mph. Further strengthening from the west is expected on Sunday where gusts around western coasts could locally reach 70 mph. Elsewhere gusts of 60 mph are possible, particularly in western areas.
Please be aware of the potential for some disruption due to the strong winds.
Yellow early warning of rainUpdated 27 November at 12:18
- 0600 on Mon 30 November
- 2345 on Tue 1 December
Rain is expected to move across northern England from early on Monday with the largest rainfall totals over high ground. This will clear southwards later on Monday before returning from the south on Tuesday. With this following the wet November the ground is saturated and rivers are expected to rise in response to the rainfall.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption from flooding, even away from the heaviest rainfall as the water moves through the river network.
Issued by the Met Office