- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 13°C 55°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 26 mph 42 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , , Thick Cloud , High 13°C 55°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Thick Cloud , High 13°C 55°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , Heavy Rain , High 13°C 55°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
- Fri , Sunny , High 11°C 52°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 26 mph 42 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Heavy Rain , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Wed 9 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
High 13°C 55°F Low 12°C 54°F
Rain moving in from the west this morning will turn heavy throughout the day, especially on any hills; with the driest spells in sheltered eastern parts. It will be windy, particularly in the west with coastal gales. Feeling mild.
Winds will ease by evening as the rain becomes patchy and light. However, into the early hours rain and wind will once again move in from the southwest.
Met Office warnings issued for Cardiff
Yellow warning of windUpdated 29 November at 10:58
- 0900 on Mon 30 November
- 1800 on Mon 30 November
Southwesterly winds will increase later on Monday morning, with gales extending eastwards across Wales along with much of southern and central England, and severe gales likely on exposed western and southern coasts. Gusts of 50 mph are likely inland whilst gusts of 60 mph will affect some exposed coasts in the west and south. Winds will will gradually ease from the west on Monday afternoon.
Please be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel.
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 30 November at 11:34
- 1200 on Mon 30 November
- 1200 on Tue 1 December
The rain currently falling over much of Wales and northern England is expected to persist through the rest of today and into Tuesday morning, although the rain will ease for a time overnight over northern England. Highest rainfall totals are expected to be across high ground. With the ground saturated over much of this region, rivers are expected to rise in response.
This is a further update to the warning issued yesterday, to realign the areas currently considered most at risk, and to adjust the expected amounts and timings. Please be aware of the potential for disruption from flooding.
Issued by the Met Office