- Tonight , Partly Cloudy , Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , , Light Rain Shower , High 14°C 57°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 29 mph 47 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny , High 14°C 57°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Easterly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Westerly
Low 12°C 54°F
North East England
This Evening and Tonight
Largely cloudy to end the day with a band of rain moving south, some locally heavy rain for a time across the hills, but lighter and more patchy elsewhere. Clearer, drier conditions to follow by midnight but remaining windy.
Met Office warnings issued for Northumberland
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office