- Today , Light Cloud , High 16°C 61°F Low 14°C 57°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 14°C 57°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 29 mph 47 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Heavy Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Rain , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Rain , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Rain , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South Westerly
High 16°C 61°F Low 14°C 57°F
Rain for a time in the morning, misty coasts and hills, then mainly dry and bright with some sunny intervals developing. A few showers reaching Argyll later. Strengthening west to southwesterly winds with gales in exposed areas later.
A mainly dry evening and night though a few showers may affect Argyll. Strong winds, local gales this evening, easing overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for South Ayrshire
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office