- Tonight , , Light Cloud , Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Sunny , High 7°C 45°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , High 6°C 43°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Easterly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h North Westerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h North Westerly
- Wed 17 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West North Westerly
Low 3°C 37°F
London and South East England
This Evening and Tonight
Scattered blustery showers will die out overnight, with the strong to gale force winds slowly moderating. Some clear spells will develop, but thicker cloud may bring outbreaks of rain to the far south of the region by Tuesday morning.
Met Office warnings issued for Buckinghamshire
Yellow warning of windUpdated 8 February at 08:05
- 0810 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies. This warning has been updated to increase the northern extent of the warning.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area a little further north across south Wales and southern England.
This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office