- Tonight , Partly Cloudy , Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Heavy Rain , High 17°C 63°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 4 mph 6 km/h North North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 14°C 57°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Southerly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Rain , Likely high 16°C 61°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Westerly
Low 10°C 50°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
Blustery showers this evening, mainly in west but a few reaching Inverness. Strong to gale southwesterly winds, perhaps severe in far northwest, these easing overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office