- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Sunny , High 8°C 46°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , High 8°C 46°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Easterly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West North Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h North Westerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West North Westerly
- Wed 17 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West North Westerly
High 9°C 48°F Low 3°C 37°F
South West England
Gales and severe gales with gusts of 70-80mph over exposed coasts and hills and 60mph plus inland will slowly ease later. Scattered, locally heavy, showers with possible hail and thunder will gradually become less frequent through the afternoon too.
The winds will gradually ease, but remaining windy with local coastal gales. A mainly dry night for most but isolated showers are likely in the north and west.
Met Office warnings issued for Gloucestershire
Yellow warning of windUpdated 8 February at 08:05
- 0810 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies. This warning has been updated to increase the northern extent of the warning.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area a little further north across south Wales and southern England.
This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office