Newcastle International Airport
- Tonight , , Light Snow , Low -1°C 30°F Wind 23 mph 37 km/h Westerly
- Thu , , Light Cloud , High 1°C 34°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 11 mph 18 km/h West North Westerly
- Sat , Sleet Shower , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 15 mph 24 km/h North Westerly
- Sun , , Sunny Intervals , High 2°C 36°F Low -2°C 28°F Wind 19 mph 31 km/h North Westerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 2°C 36°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 11 mph 18 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain , Likely high 3°C 37°F Likely low -1°C 30°F Wind 16 mph 26 km/h North North Westerly
- Wed 4 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 3°C 37°F Likely low -1°C 30°F Wind 14 mph 23 km/h North Westerly
- Thu 5 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind 9 mph 14 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri 6 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind 10 mph 16 km/h South Westerly
Low -1°C 30°F
Met Office warnings issued for Newcastle upon Tyne
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 28 January at 11:24
- 1130 on Wed 28 January
- 2355 on Thu 29 January
Showers of snow across parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland on Wednesday morning will extend to parts of northern England and Wales by evening, then continue overnight and into Thursday.
Over Scotland, Northern Ireland and parts of northern England 5 cm or more may fall even at some lower levels, with more than 15 cm possible over higher ground. See separate amber warning for main risk areas. Over Wales only 1-3 cm is likely in places at low levels with 5-10 cm possible over higher ground. Strong, gusty winds will lead to drifting and temporary blizzard conditions over high ground, while icy surfaces and lightning pose additional risks in some areas.This is an update to the warning issued on Monday to extend the warning a little further south into parts of Wales.
The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel.
Yellow early warning of snowUpdated 28 January at 13:00
- 0015 on Sun 1 February
- 2345 on Sun 1 February
Further snow showers will affect parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland on Sunday leading to some locally large accumulations and the showers may spread along eastern and western coasts of England and Wales. The showers will be associated with strong winds so drifting and temporary blizzard conditions are possible as well as icy stretches. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption from these conditions. This alert is likely to be updated in the coming days.
Issued by the Met Office