- Tonight , Heavy Rain , Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat , , Heavy Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 29 mph 47 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain Shower , High 8°C 46°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Fri 12 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Sat 13 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
Low 9°C 48°F
South West England
This Evening and Tonight
Dry spells at first this evening before a band of persistent, and sometimes heavy, rain arrives from the west. Some dry spells will develop during the middle of the night, but further heavy rain will arrive later. Mild and windy.
Met Office warnings issued for Somerset
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 5 February at 10:41
- 0600 on Sat 6 February
- 2200 on Sat 6 February
A spell of persistent rain, heavy at times, accompanied by windy conditions, is expected to affect parts of southern and southwestern England and parts of south Wales from the early hours of Saturday onwards into Saturday late afternoon or evening.
20-30 mm of rain is expected quite widely across the warning area with 50-70 mm on south-facing slopes. Higher ground in southern parts of Devon and Somerset are likely to see the highest totals with locally in excess of 80 mm possible over parts of Dartmoor. In addition, southerly gales or severe gales are expected with gusts of 40-50 mph inland and locally 65 mph over higher ground and south-facing coasts.As this rain will be falling on near-saturated ground, please be aware of the risk of localised flooding and perhaps some disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office