- Today , Light Cloud , High 17°C 63°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 11°C 52°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West North Westerly
High 17°C 63°F Low 10°C 50°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Dry and bright start then clouding over with patchy light rain later this morning, dying out early afternoon. Then drier and little brighter, especially Edinburgh, east Lothian and eastern Borders where it will be warmer. Southwesterly winds strengthening later today.
A band of persistent rain will move away from the southern Borders early tonight. Then drier and clearer with a few showers later, mainly over Lothians. Windy with southwesterly gales.
Met Office warnings issued for West Lothian
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office