- Today , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 35 mph 56 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , , Heavy Rain , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h East North Easterly
- Tue , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 29 mph 47 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Easterly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 30 mph 48 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h West South Westerly
High 10°C 50°F Low 4°C 39°F
Heavy Rain Shower
North West England
It will be a cloudy morning with outbreaks of rain, some heavy. The rain will turn showery later, with brighter spells developing. Wintry showers will affect the hills. It will be windy with inland gales, severe near coasts and hills.
It will become dry with clear spells and a patchy frost this evening. However, cloud will thicken from the southwest overnight bringing further rain and hill snow later. Winds easing.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow warning of windUpdated 29 November at 10:04
- 1010 on Sun 29 November
- 1800 on Sun 29 November
Sunday will see very windy weather sweep across Northern Ireland, Wales, England and parts of southern Scotland, with severe gales expected to affect some areas. Inland gusts of 50 to 60 mph will occur in some areas, but possibly reaching around 65 mph for parts of inland Northern England and the far south of Scotland, where isolated medium impacts are possible. Gusts around western coasts could locally exceed 75 mph, this most likely in coastal areas of north Wales, northwest England and Dumfries and Galloway. There is a lower probability of similar gusts briefly affecting coastal northeast England as the low clears away east, early this afternoon.
This is an update to the warning originally issued on Friday, mentioning increased gust strengths and expected impacts across parts of Northern England and the far south of Scotland.Please be aware of the potential for disruption due to the gales and severe gales, particularly for the areas highlighted int eh words above.
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 11:53
- 0700 on Mon 30 November
- 1400 on Mon 30 November
A band of rain will move east across Northern Ireland, southern Scotland and northern England on Monday morning and afternoon. Across northern parts of Northern Ireland and southern Scotland the rain is expected to turn to wet snow with 2 to 5 cm possible above about 150 m, and some slushy accumulations possible at lower levels. 10 cm may possibly occur above 300 m. Across northern England the snow is expected to be restricted to hills above about 400 m. Drier conditions will spread east through the late morning and early afternoon.
Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel.
Issued by the Met Office