- Tonight , , Light Cloud , Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h East South Easterly
- Sat , , Light Rain Shower , High 24°C 75°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain Shower , High 19°C 66°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 20°C 68°F Low 15°C 59°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain Shower , High 20°C 68°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
- Thu , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 17°C 63°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri 10 Jul , Light Rain , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat 11 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 19°C 66°F Likely low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun 12 Jul , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 18°C 64°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h West South Westerly
Low 13°C 55°F
North East England
This Evening and Tonight
Dry at first before thunderstorms develop from the south overnight. Localised torrential downpours likely through the early hours of Saturday with hail/gusty winds also possible. Some coastal low cloud also developing.
Met Office warnings issued for Sunderland
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 3 July at 11:32
- 1900 on Fri 3 July
- 1200 on Sat 4 July
Isolated heavy, and possibly severe, thunderstorms are expected to develop on Friday evening across parts of southern and southwest England. These are likely to become more frequent later and spread northwards across Wales, the Midlands and northern England overnight, and into southern Scotland by the early hours of Saturday. Some torrential downpours are possible leading to localised surface water flooding, with hail, frequent lightning and squally winds also likely hazards.
The public should be aware that there is a chance of some very localised significant disruption.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area across southern Scotland and elevate the position in the risk matrix. This will be kept under review and further updates are possible closer to, and during, the event.
Issued by the Met Office