- Today , , Light Rain , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h North Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h Southerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h East South Easterly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 5°C 41°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h Easterly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 5°C 41°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Easterly
- Mon , Sunny , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h North North Westerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West North Westerly
- Wed 17 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h Westerly
- Thu 18 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 5°C 41°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h West South Westerly
High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
A cloudy start with showers, especially in Dumfries and Galloway and Borders, and wintry on high ground. Brighter weather with sunshine then spreading from the north. Strong westerly winds at first in the southwest.
Mostly dry with some clear spells, though some showery rain, with snow on high ground, may spread to Lothian and Borders overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for Dumfries and Galloway
Yellow warning of rainUpdated 8 February at 20:17
- 2200 on Mon 8 February
- 1000 on Tue 9 February
Showers and some longer spells of heavy rain will affect southwest Scotland on Monday evening and overnight before clearing later on Tuesday morning. On some high level roads, mainly above 300-400 m, the rain may turn to wet snow before clearing, bringing some slushy accumulations.
Please be aware of the risk of difficult driving conditions, and the potential for some localised flooding.
Issued by the Met Office