- Today , , Sunny , High 15°C 59°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h Westerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , High 14°C 57°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h East North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h North North Westerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 15°C 59°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h Easterly
- Sat 8 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Easterly
High 15°C 59°F Low 8°C 46°F
North East England
A very windy start with gales in exposure, but largely dry with good sunny spells. There will be the odd locally heavy shower around, especially during the afternoon Winds will gradually ease through the afternoon but it will remain breezy.
Winds will continue to ease through the evening and overnight. Most places will remain dry with clear spells, but a few showers will persist overnight, mainly in the west.
Met Office warnings issued for Durham
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office