- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
- Mon , , Light Rain Shower , High 5°C 41°F Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South South Easterly
- Wed , Heavy Rain Shower , High 11°C 52°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 28 mph 45 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h West South Westerly
High 5°C 41°F Low 2°C 36°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
Cloudy with rain reaching the west coast turning to snow as it spreads northeast in the morning, with moderate falls possible, mainly southeast of Great Glen. Clearer, wintry showers, later. Winds easing for a time but westerly gales again later.
Frequent blustery wintry showers this evening and tonight with fresh accumulations mainly higher ground inland but locally to low levels in east. Westerly gales, severe for a time in northwest.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 10:41
- 1045 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain are now beginning to turn to snow in areas north of the Central Belt, the snow becoming heavy in places and locally persisting into Sunday afternoon, more especially in the north. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas.
Following the clearance of the more general wintry precipitation, further clusters of heavy wintry showers will come in from the west, even extending to parts of southern Scotland on Sunday evening and at first on Sunday night, leading to further accumulating snow in places (especially the west Highlands). This will also bring an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel. Note that the southern limit of the more widespread snow during Sunday late morning and early afternoon remains uncertain.
Issued by the Met Office