- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 30 mph 48 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Sunny , High 7°C 45°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Northerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h North Westerly
- Wed 17 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West North Westerly
High 9°C 48°F Low 3°C 37°F
London and South East England
A day of bright or sunny intervals and occasional blustery showers, these locally heavy. Winds increasing to reach gale force at times, with severe gales likely in places, bringing some disruption to travel.
Remaining very windy with further showers through the evening and first half of the night. Winds easing later in the night, with showers dying away and clear spells developing.
Met Office warnings issued for Greater London
Yellow warning of windUpdated 8 February at 08:05
- 0810 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies. This warning has been updated to increase the northern extent of the warning.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area a little further north across south Wales and southern England.
This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office