- Today , , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West North Westerly
- Fri , Sunny , High 13°C 55°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h Northerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , High 14°C 57°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h Southerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Southerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat 8 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h North North Westerly
High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F
Very windy morning with gale to severe gale force southwest winds. Winds veering northwesterly around midday then slowly easing. Otherwise sunshine and blustery showers, most frequent over western Aberdeenshire and towards the Moray Coast.
Showers dying out to leave most places dry with clear periods. It will be a colder night than last night with light westerly winds.
Met Office warnings issued for Aberdeenshire
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office