- Tonight , , Heavy Rain , Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h Westerly
- Mon , , Light Cloud , High 5°C 41°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h North Westerly
- Tue , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Easterly
- Wed , Heavy Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , High 10°C 50°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 26 mph 42 km/h South South Westerly
- Sat , Heavy Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 31 mph 50 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South Westerly
Low 2°C 36°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
This Evening and Tonight
Frequent wintry showers continuing giving some accumulations of snow especially over the higher ground. Fewer showers expected towards Inverness and the Black Isle. Gale to severe gale westerly winds easing overnight. Ice likely on untreated surfaces.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 29 November at 10:41
- 1045 on Sun 29 November
- 1000 on Mon 30 November
Outbreaks of rain are now beginning to turn to snow in areas north of the Central Belt, the snow becoming heavy in places and locally persisting into Sunday afternoon, more especially in the north. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas.
Following the clearance of the more general wintry precipitation, further clusters of heavy wintry showers will come in from the west, even extending to parts of southern Scotland on Sunday evening and at first on Sunday night, leading to further accumulating snow in places (especially the west Highlands). This will also bring an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning.Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel. Note that the southern limit of the more widespread snow during Sunday late morning and early afternoon remains uncertain.
Issued by the Met Office