- Tonight , Light Cloud , Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Heavy Rain , High 16°C 61°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South Easterly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 28 mph 45 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 12 mph 19 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Rain , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Westerly
Low 12°C 54°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
This Evening and Tonight
Blustery showers this evening, mainly in the west but a few reaching Inverness. Strong to gale force southwesterly winds, perhaps severe in the far northwest, these easing later in the night.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office