Letchworth Garden City
- Today , , Heavy Rain , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 30 mph 48 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Sunny Intervals , High 6°C 43°F Low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Sunny , High 6°C 43°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 6°C 43°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , High 6°C 43°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h South South Easterly
- Sat , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
- Sun , Light Rain , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 6°C 43°F Likely low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h North Westerly
- Tue 16 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h North Westerly
- Wed 17 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Westerly
High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F
East of England
A day of sunny intervals and occasional blustery showers, these locally heavy. Very windy with gales likely, perhaps severe, especially across the south of the region.
Remaining windy with further showers through the evening and first half of the night. Winds easing later in the night, with showers dying away and clear spells developing.
Met Office warnings issued for Hertfordshire
Yellow warning of windUpdated 8 February at 08:05
- 0810 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies. This warning has been updated to increase the northern extent of the warning.This is an update to the warning to extend the yellow area a little further north across south Wales and southern England.
This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office