- Tonight , Light Rain , Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 6 mph 10 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain , High 14°C 57°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h Westerly
- Fri , Heavy Rain , High 13°C 55°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 21 mph 34 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h North Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Westerly
Low 10°C 50°F
Orkney and Shetland
This Evening and Tonight
Frequent blustery showers and gale force winds this evening and early tonight, then winds moderating and showers becoming more scattered later in the night. Quite a mild night.
Met Office warnings issued for Orkney Islands
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office