- Today , Light Cloud , High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , , Light Rain Shower , High 14°C 57°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 9 mph 14 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 14°C 57°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 4 mph 6 km/h South South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h Easterly
- Thu 6 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
High 18°C 64°F Low 13°C 55°F
North West England
A cloudy day, with outbreaks of light rain and drizzle, and mist and fog over some hills, although with some brighter spells in the south-east. It will also be breezy, particularly near the coast and a little milder than yesterday.
Staying cloudy and damp through the evening, before a band of rain moves south-eastwards later in the night, and then clearer spells develop from the north-west. Turning windier too.
Met Office warnings issued for Cumbria
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 September at 10:17
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 1300 on Thu 29 September
Gales and locally severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland and the far north of England for a time on Thursday. Gusts of 50-60 mph are likely in many areas, whilst the strongest winds, with gusts of around 75 mph, are possible across the Hebrides, Sutherland, Caithness and Orkney during the first part of the morning.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts of Scotland with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Warning has been updated to extend the southern boundary south into northern England and to bring forward the end time.
Issued by the Met Office