- Today , Sunny Intervals , High 16°C 61°F Low 12°C 54°F Wind speed 28 mph 45 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Heavy Rain , High 14°C 57°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu , , Heavy Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 26 mph 42 km/h South Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h Southerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue 4 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
High 16°C 61°F Low 12°C 54°F
Highland and Eilean Siar
Cloudy, misty start with occasional rain soon clearing to drier, brighter weather. Blustery showers following to Western Isles and Northwest Highlands, but mainly dry elsewhere. Strengthening southwesterly winds with gales developing over Hebrides and Skye.
Blustery showers this evening, mainly in west but a few reaching Inverness. Strong to gale southwesterly winds, perhaps severe in far northwest, these easing overnight.
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office