- Tonight , Light Snow , Low 1°C 34°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North North Easterly
- Fri , , Sleet , High 6°C 43°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h Northerly
- Sat , Sunny Intervals , High 9°C 48°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 8 mph 13 km/h Westerly
- Sun , Light Cloud , High 10°C 50°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain Shower , High 11°C 52°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain Shower , High 10°C 50°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Light Rain , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South Westerly
- Thu 5 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 12°C 54°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Fri 6 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South Westerly
- Sat 7 May , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
Low 1°C 34°F
SW Scotland, Lothian Borders
Cloudy with outbreaks of rain, with sleet and snow on higher ground, especially teh Lothians and Western Borders. Some drier clearer spells in the Southwest.
Met Office warnings issued for Scottish Borders
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 28 April at 10:47
- 0005 on Fri 29 April
- 1000 on Fri 29 April
An area of rain, sleet and snow will come southeastwards into the area later on Thursday lasting into Friday morning. Accumulations of 5-10 cm are likely above 200-300 m with locally 2-4 cm to around 100 m.
Please be aware of the risk of difficult driving conditions and disruption to transport.
Yellow early warning of snowUpdated 28 April at 10:38
- 0005 on Fri 29 April
- 1500 on Fri 29 April
This is an update to the warning issued on Wednesday to bring the area on concern further south.
A spell of persistent and at times heavy snow is expected for parts of eastern Scotland starting on Thursday night and lasting into Friday. By Friday morning, accumulations of 5-10 cm are likely above about 100 m with 15 cm or more possible above 200 m.At lower levels and near coasts an uncertain mix of rain and snow is expected, with rain likely to predominate, bringing the risk of standing water on roads.
Please be aware of the risk of dangerous driving conditions and disruption to transport.
Issued by the Met Office