- Tonight , Light Cloud , Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h South Westerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 8°C 46°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South Westerly
- Mon , , Light Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 31 mph 50 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
- Wed , Sunny , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , Light Rain , High 8°C 46°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h Southerly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South Westerly
- Sat 13 Feb , Light Rain , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South South Westerly
- Sun 14 Feb , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 8°C 46°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 15 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h Westerly
Low 5°C 41°F
East of England
Cloudy at first with outbreaks of occasionally heavy rain. Becoming colder and dry during the early hours with clear spells developing. Brisk southwest winds persisting.
Met Office warnings issued for Essex
Yellow warning of windUpdated 7 February at 00:06
- 0300 on Mon 8 February
- 1800 on Mon 8 February
An area of very strong winds are expected to extend east across much of southern England and parts of south Wales on Monday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely quite widely, with 80 mph gusts likely in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall. Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular the north coasts of Cornwall and Devon. Winds should gradually ease through the afternoon and evening.
Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as possible damage to trees and structures and interruption of power supplies.This is a further update to extend the warning to cover most other counties of southern England.
Issued by the Met Office