- Today , , Light Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 27 mph 43 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain , High 11°C 52°F Low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 23 mph 37 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 22 mph 35 km/h West South Westerly
- Wed , Thick Cloud , High 12°C 54°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h South Westerly
- Thu , Heavy Rain , High 9°C 48°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h North Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 25 mph 40 km/h South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 19 mph 31 km/h West South Westerly
High 11°C 52°F Low 6°C 43°F
East of England
Broken cloud and occasional heavy rain this morning will clear before midday to squally showers and some brighter spells. These showers will be occasionally heavy. Becoming very windy later with gales.
Showers will largely die away, and winds will decrease. Feeling chilly with clear spells. Cloud will increase later with further rain reaching the area by the end of the night.
Met Office warnings issued for Essex
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 November at 11:20
- 0700 on Sun 29 November
- 2000 on Sun 29 November
A blustery weekend is expected across much of the UK but particularly on Sunday across Northern Ireland, Wales, England and parts of southern Scotland, where severe gales are expected to affect some areas. Inland gusts of 50 to 60 mph could occur, perhaps most likely across western areas together with parts of northern England. Gusts around western coasts could locally reach around 70 mph, this most likely in coastal areas of north Wales, northwest England and Dumfries and Galloway.
This is an update to the warning originally issued on Friday to cover the weekend, drawing out the likelihood of stronger gusts on Sunday.Please be aware of the potential for disruption due to the gales and severe gales.
Issued by the Met Office