- Today , Light Rain , High 17°C 63°F Low 10°C 50°F Wind speed 2 mph 3 km/h Southerly
- Thu , , Light Rain Shower , High 13°C 55°F Low 7°C 45°F Wind speed 18 mph 29 km/h Westerly
- Fri , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain Shower , High 12°C 54°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 5 mph 8 km/h North North Easterly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 13°C 55°F Low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 4 mph 6 km/h South Easterly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Easterly
- Tue , Light Rain , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h Southerly
- Wed 5 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 15°C 59°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 10 mph 16 km/h South South Westerly
- Thu 6 Oct , Sunny Intervals , Likely high 14°C 57°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h South South Westerly
- Fri 7 Oct , Light Cloud , Likely high 13°C 55°F Likely low 9°C 48°F Wind speed 11 mph 18 km/h Southerly
High 17°C 63°F Low 10°C 50°F
Central, Tayside and Fife
A dry and bright start then clouding over with some rain, most persistent over Stirlingshire and west Perthshire. Rain becoming heavy here during evening. Brighter late afternoon over Fife and Angus and turning warmer. Southwesterly winds strengthening later today.
Persistent rain soon moving away to leave clear periods overnight along with blustery showers, these mostly in west. Becoming very windy with southwesterly gales, severe over high ground and bridges.
Met Office warnings issued for Perth and Kinross
Yellow early warning of windUpdated 27 September at 10:41
- 0100 on Thu 29 September
- 2000 on Thu 29 September
Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are possible. However, much of Scotland could see gusts of 55-60 mph.
Please be aware that potential impacts could include minor travel disruption with some bridge restrictions, and possible damage to trees and structures. Additionally, large waves will build off northern and western coasts with the risk of some wave overtopping here.This Alert will be reviewed in the lead-up to Thursday so it is advised to keep up with the latest developments.
Issued by the Met Office