- Today , , Light Rain Shower , High 11°C 52°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 24 mph 39 km/h West South Westerly
- Mon , Heavy Rain , High 12°C 54°F Low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 20 mph 32 km/h South Westerly
- Tue , Light Rain , High 13°C 55°F Low 11°C 52°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , Light Cloud , High 13°C 55°F Low 5°C 41°F Wind speed 17 mph 27 km/h West South Westerly
- Thu , Light Cloud , High 7°C 45°F Low 3°C 37°F Wind speed 7 mph 11 km/h South Easterly
- Fri , Light Cloud , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 8°C 46°F Wind speed 15 mph 24 km/h West South Westerly
- Sat , Light Rain , Likely high 11°C 52°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 16 mph 26 km/h West South Westerly
- Sun 6 Dec , Light Rain Shower , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South South Westerly
- Mon 7 Dec , Light Rain , Likely high 10°C 50°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
- Tue 8 Dec , Light Cloud , Likely high 9°C 48°F Likely low 6°C 43°F Wind speed 13 mph 21 km/h South Westerly
High 11°C 52°F Low 5°C 41°F
Light Rain Shower
North West England
It will be a cloudy morning with outbreaks of rain, some heavy. The rain will turn showery later, with brighter spells developing. Wintry showers will affect the hills. It will be windy with inland gales, severe near coasts and hills.
It will become dry with clear spells and a patchy frost this evening. However, cloud will thicken from the southwest overnight bringing further rain and hill snow later. Winds easing.
Met Office warnings issued for Cheshire West and Chester
Yellow warning of windUpdated 28 November at 11:20
- 0700 on Sun 29 November
- 2000 on Sun 29 November
A blustery weekend is expected across much of the UK but particularly on Sunday across Northern Ireland, Wales, England and parts of southern Scotland, where severe gales are expected to affect some areas. Inland gusts of 50 to 60 mph could occur, perhaps most likely across western areas together with parts of northern England. Gusts around western coasts could locally reach around 70 mph, this most likely in coastal areas of north Wales, northwest England and Dumfries and Galloway.
This is an update to the warning originally issued on Friday to cover the weekend, drawing out the likelihood of stronger gusts on Sunday.Please be aware of the potential for disruption due to the gales and severe gales.
Issued by the Met Office