- Tonight , Sleet , Low 1°C 34°F Wind 14 mph 23 km/h South Westerly
- Wed , , Heavy Snow , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 19 mph 31 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu , , Light Snow , High 3°C 37°F Low -1°C 30°F Wind 8 mph 13 km/h West South Westerly
- Fri , Light Snow , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 13 mph 21 km/h West North Westerly
- Sat , Light Snow , High 4°C 39°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 17 mph 27 km/h Northerly
- Sun , Sunny Intervals , High 3°C 37°F Low 0°C 32°F Wind 18 mph 29 km/h Northerly
- Mon , Light Cloud , Likely high 3°C 37°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind 16 mph 26 km/h North North Westerly
- Tue 3 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 4°C 39°F Likely low 0°C 32°F Wind 11 mph 18 km/h North Westerly
- Wed 4 Feb , Light Cloud , Likely high 5°C 41°F Likely low 2°C 36°F Wind 12 mph 19 km/h West North Westerly
- Thu 5 Feb , Light Rain , Likely high 7°C 45°F Likely low 4°C 39°F Wind 13 mph 21 km/h West South Westerly
Low 1°C 34°F
Met Office warnings issued for Highland
Yellow warning of snowUpdated 27 January at 12:15
- 0800 on Wed 28 January
- 2355 on Thu 29 January
Showers are expected to turn to snow across parts of northern Scotland during Wednesday morning, the risk then transferring to other areas through the rest of the day, continuing overnight and for much of Thursday.
Across Northern England 3-8 cm could accumulate by Thursday morning, especially over high ground. Over Scotland and Northern Ireland 5-10 cm may fall even at some lower levels, with more than 15 cm possible over higher ground. Strong, gusty winds will lead to drifting and temporary blizzards over high ground, while icy surfaces and lightning pose additional risks in some areas.This is an update to extend the warning a little further south across the Pennines. Note also that there is some signal that more frequent snow showers may affect parts of southern and central Scotland through the evening peak travel period on Wednesday, and this may lead to eventual issue of an Amber warning.
The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel.
Issued by the Met Office